Quito Historic Center and the Equator on the same day
Visit the main churches in Old Town Quito:
- Basilica – Where you can climb the tower of this Gothic Church and get the best views of Old Town Quito
- San Francisco Plaza – Take it easy at this beautiful plaza and learn about the legends and myths surrounding it
- La Compañia – The gold covered church is definitely a must-see site when in Quito
Get to see traditional Quito sites at Independence Square:
- Presidential Palace – walk around our version of the White House and take pictures with the guards
- Arch-Bishop’s Palace – take pics of this beautiful quintessential Quito buildings
- Cathedral – you can go up to the domes and take the best pictures for your social media pages
Go atop the Panecillo Hill
After visiting these iconic sites you will be taken atop the Panecillo Hill. Here you will be able to visit the statue of the Virgen, which is larger in size than the Christ Statue in Rio de Janeiro. Take in the breathtaking sites of downtown, southern and northern Quito.
Visit Middle-Earth at the Equator Monument
Finally. head to the Equator Monument and Inti Ñan museum in the Middle of the World. Take part in experiments with a floating egg, reversed toilets and stand in both the southern and northern hemispheres.
Make sure you take along your passport so you can get an Equator stamp on it at the museum.
Today you will be picked up from 8am -9am, exact pick-up time will be included in voucher sent on the day prior to the tour.
The tour begins with a visit to the main churches such as the Basilica, San Francisco and La Compañia, where you can observe the spectacular paintings and sculptures showcased in these charming churches. Continue to Independence
Square, where we find the Presidential Palace, Arch-Bishop’s Palace, City Hall and the renowned Cathedral. Here we
can admire the fantastic infrastructure of these colonial houses and buildings. Afterwards, venture to the Panecillo Hill to observe the massive Panecillo Virgin Statue and to get the best views of modern and historic Quito. Your tour ends with a visit to the Equator Line and
the Intiñan Solar Museum. A fascinating visit which includes zero latitude experiments. On the way back from the Equator you can ask the guide to stop for some Ice-cream or empanadas.