The company GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR LLC, protects the privacy of its clients. Personal information is required from each traveler to proceed with the booking of tours. Said information is forwarded to the company operating the tour in order to emit tickets and other travel documents. This personal information will never be sold or shared with any third party.
The below Terms and Conditions will apply to all bookings and reservations made with GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR. It is your (the client’s) responsibility to read them prior to booking. By agreeing to book with us, you are accepting everything stated below, NO signature is required.
- Will provide you (the client) with all the pertinent information for your booked tour.
- Will deliver all vouchers, tickets or receipts needed for participating on your booked tours.
- Will contact your emergency contacts provided, insurance company and/or Embassy in case of an emergency during your travels.
- Will not be held responsible (in any circumstance) for injuries, death or any other damage caused during a tour.
YOU (the client)
- Will hold travel insurance covering and protecting you against personal accidents, medical expenses, trip cancellations, and lost or damaged baggage.
- Will have all immigration documents in order according to Ecuadorian law, and will communicate GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR of any kind of disability, specific food requirements, or pre-existing conditions that exist at the time of travel.
- Will have clearly understood and accepted the social risks that travel inside of Ecuador and Galapagos implies, and the risks that exist in the practice of extreme sports including but not restricted to mountain biking, rafting / tubing, climbing, mountain sports, trekking, camping, rappelling / canopy, horse-riding, snorkeling, diving and any other activity or sport where there is contact with nature.
- Will understand the risks of injury associated with force majeure or uncontrollable acts such as wars, internal commotion, protests / strikes, terrorism, fire, natural disasters, public authority decisions, or any other extreme circumstances, and accept that GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR will not be responsible for loss, injury or damage to any person or property for any of the above causes.
Deposit required for confirming a tour
DEPOSIT PAYMENT: Your reservation will be confirmed with GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR after the receipt of a 30% deposit payment which must be received within (8 days) of the booking/reservation. In cases where a reservation is made less than 61 days prior to trip departure then full tour payment is required within 1 week of the booking/reservation.
Full Payment required (less than 60 days prior to tour)
FULL PAYMENT: The full balance of the tour must be paid no later than 60 days prior to the departure date otherwise GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR may treat the booking as being canceled by YOU.
GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR reserves the right to change the price of a tour without prior notice in the event of any price increase beyond control, including but not restricted to fuel surcharges, changes to government taxes, and changes to published flight prices.
Any cancellations made by you (the client) must be made in writing and will only be effective once the agency is in receipt of the written document.
- If your cancellation is received 90 days or more before the start date of the tour, the initial 30% deposit value will be refunded, a charge of USD $350 per service per person to cover administrative and operator cancellation fees.
- If the cancellation is received between 61 and 90 days before the start of the trip, You will forfeit 100% of the initial 30% deposit value per service.
- If the cancellation is received less than 60 days before the start date of the contracted trip, you will forfeit 100% of the total tour value.
Alteration or changed to Tour
GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR reserves the right to cancel or modify the tour itinerary due to force majeure or acts of providence such as wars, internal commotion, protests/strikes, terrorism, fire, natural disasters, public authority decisions, or any other extreme circumstances; this may include substitution with comparable yachts, guides, hotels, transportation, meals, destinations (given availability of substitute goods).
Complaints and Refunds
If you experience a problem during a tour then you have to inform GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR immediately and in writing – only complaints brought to our attention within a maximum period of two weeks after finishing the tour will be handled. GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR will act as your intermediary in negotiating refunds with tour operators. In no case will GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR guarantee a successful response or refund from the tour operator. But we will definitely do our very best to fight for you.
GALAPAGOS CONNOISSEUR will not be responsible for giving refunds in any of the following situations:
- Changes to itinerary before or after departure.
- Mechanical issues affecting any form of transportation on the trip.
- Substitution of facilities or personnel.
- Late arrival or no-show.
- Your decision to leave the tour early or miss any activities, meals, or accommodations during the tour.
- Traveling without necessary documentation including passport, visas, immigration papers or vaccination certificates required.